- Collection and documentation of traditional crop varieties from different areas of Bageshwar.
- Establishment of a seed bank and field gene bank.
- Awareness training programmes for farmers and NGOs.
- Multiplication and distribution of seeds to farmers.
- Organization of a biodiversity competition for school children on cultivated and uncultivated food crops of the region.
- Experimentation on selected traditional varieties.
HORTICULTURE AND NURSERIES :
- Management and strengthening of the field gene bank of fruit trees and bamboos.
- Multiplication and distribution of grafts of various fruit tree varieties.
- Setting up of village nurseries.
- Plantation of fruit and forest species on barren lands through watershed, orchards and other projects.
- Organisation of a fruit show for farmers.
- Awareness / training programmes for farmers and school students