Society has set up a formal school on the Kumaon region Himalayas. In addition to conventional subjects, children are taught to work with their hands and learn skills like carpentry, bamboo/Ringals work, lacquer ware toys, nursery/ crafting techniques, sewing, book binding, etc. The aim is to give enough opportunities and freedom to the children to learn and to develop their own interest and also to generate in them an understanding and love for nature. The school strives to make education a meaningful and joyful experience for children. Co-curricular activities during past years were :
- Designing of syllabus for work experience.
- One hour skill training every day on crafts like Ringal/bamboo, wood work, sewing, stitching, etc.
- Organisation of biodiversity competitions (fish, medicinal plants, food crops).
- Documentation of tribal songs, dances, festivals and rituals.
- Practical training on nursery and grafting techniques, vegetable cultivation, etc.
- Activities on toy making from waste material.
- Training programmes on environment education for teachers and students from other schools.